We offer two ways for campground owners to become involved with the Association. If you are looking to take advantage of all of our marketing, educational and advocacy work, then the Full Campground Membership option is for you. Click here for a description of the benefits of a Full Campground Membership. If you want to keep up to date on what is going on in the industry and take advantage of our educational and advocacy work, then a Subscription Membership may be the best option for your business.
If you have any questions, about which option is the best for your campground, do not hesitate to contact the office at 877-672-2226 for assistance.
Full Campground Membership
We base the cost to join on the number of campsites (which include rentals) in your campground. The number of campsites you have determines which base fee applies to you. Unless you wish to upgrade your listing, advertise with us, or attend one of our events, you will not receive another invoice for the rest of year. Our one membership fee includes access to all of our benefits.
Example: If your campground has 100 sites, the cost to join would be:
Base Fee: $470.00 (100 sites)
Per Site Fee: $320.00 ($3.20 times 100 sites)
Total: $790.00 (before taxes and optional additions)
|Per Site Fee |
||up to 30 sites
||31 to 100 sites
||101 to 300 sites
||301 to 500 sites
|Enhanced Website/App Listing
Click here for the Full Membership online application.
Camping In Ontario Standards for Membership
The association prides itself on representing the best campgrounds in the province of Ontario. As a condition of joining our Association or maintaining your membership you must agree to the following:
- All information regarding the campground that is shared with the Association and public must be truthful.
- The Campground has liability insurance that is sufficient for any claim made against the park, and for whatever businesses or type of business it engages in.
- The Campground has at least one form of communication (phone, e-mail, website, app) sufficient to respond to inquiries in a reasonable period.
- The Campground has all the licences, permits, and zoning required for the type and location of its operation whether that location be a town, city, unorganized township, etc.
- The campground maintains its grounds. All amenities (comfort stations, playgrounds, stores, etc) are cleaned regularly and are adequately maintained.
- Access to the campground during the off season is restricted unless zoning permits year-round access.
- Must have a seasonal contract (License of Occupation) with seasonal campers and some form of agreement or waiver for overnight or short-term campers
- Must be a recreational campground. If the recreational section is part of a larger business, only the recreational portion of the business would be allowed to advertise with CIO/OPCA.
It is understood that once the membership fees have been paid, the Official Member and its’ Representatives will abide by the following Code of Conduct and Standards.
$450.00 for 1 year
Please contact the office at 877-672-2226 for more information if you are interested in a Subscription Membership.