What Is Camping In Ontario?
Camping In Ontario is the representative body of the privately owned and operated campgrounds in Ontario. The more than 435 members are leaders in the development and promotion of camping in Ontario for the economic benefit of our province.
Camping In Ontario, as a vital and active stakeholder in tourism, supports member campgrounds in the Province of Ontario by educating campground owners, marketing to the public, and advocating to government.
Why Should You Become a Member?
To learn — To stay informed of changes that affect your business — To grow your business — To make more money — To save money — To access economical marketing opportunities
When you join Camping In Ontario you join an interactive network. Members helping members is the core value of Camping In Ontario. As well, Camping In Ontario’s dedicated staff is always available to answer your questions. If we don’t have the answer, we will find it for you.
Government Advocacy Highlights
Camping In Ontario advocates to government at all three levels. An overview of the work that the association undertakes is as follows:
- Municipal level – support our members by creating a municipal toolbox
- Provincial level – focus on critical issues facing the industry (septic, Residential Tenancies Act, training costs), participate in lobby day
- Federal level – work with Canadian Camping and RV Council on national issues and participation in Canadian Camping Week
Promoting Your Campground
Promoting camping in Ontario and your campground is one of the association's main priorities. Marketing benefits included with membership are:
The Camping in Ontario directory is distributed and promoted by:
- Participating in 11 RV & outdoor consumer shows throughout Ontario, Quebec and Central New York
- Distribution at consumer shows in the United States through Anderson's Brochure Distribution program
- Year-round posters and distribution at the Ontario Travel Information Centres in downtown Toronto and across Ontario
Networking and Learning
Newsletters and Resources
- Annual Convention — Network with other campground owners and learn about the trends and issues facing your business
- CampEx (annual trade show) — Brings the companies that do business with the campground industry right to you
- Regional Meetings — Meet fellow campground owners in your area to talk about common issues and concerns
Member Cost-Saving Benefits
- Resource Library – access to the sample License of Occupation, Campground Owner’s Manual and many other useful forms and information
- Update quarterly newsletter and Forum bi-weekly newsletters keep members informed on trends, training, industry news and legislation
- Rapid-Fire Bulletins – email blasts providing time-sensitive information affecting your business
The following cost-saving programs have been negotiated especially for our members.
- 10% subscription discount to FBC, Canada's Small Business Tax Specialist
- FREE half page ad in Snowbirds & RV Travelers Magazine for NEW members and 50% off any ad for renewing members. FREE subscription included.
- Member Health & Dental plans
- Deep discounts for online reservation through Sunrise
- 25% discount on film licensing through Audio Cine Films
- Bill savings on cell, internet, phone, fax, conferencing and more through ProfitPoint Communications
- 15% discount on all forms and other products through Nebs
- Advertising discount with Explorer RV Club/RV gazette
- Subscription legal services through LegalShield for as low as $26/month
- Special member pricing on exhibit space at ORVDA, CRVA and Ottawa RV Shows
- Special member pricing on ORVDA technical training seminars
- Merchant rate discounts for Visa, MasterCard, and Interac through Global Payments
- Credit card processing comparison and analysis with SmallBizAssist
- Member discount with John Deere
- 10% discount at Mark's Work Wearhouse
- Special pricing on radios, call boxes and other products with Quest Retail Systems
- 10% discount on pool, lake and cottage recreational products with At The Lake Distributing
- Hotel discounts at Great Wolf Lodge, Falls Avenue Resorts, Horseshoe Resort and Deerhurst Resort
- Special shipping discount with Telamode
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Camping In Ontario at 877-672-2226.
So what are you waiting for? Join now and start reaping the benefits! Click here to sign up.